Welcome to our pediatric dental office - your child's complete dental home!
Our goal is to serve as a 'home base" for dental care, where you can bring your child for routine as well as advanced care. The American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that the first dental visit occur within six months following the baby’s first tooth, and no later than the child’s first birthday. It’s best to meet the pediatric dentist when your child is having no dental problems – don’t wait until a tooth or mouth emergency comes up!
What to expect at the visit.
- Thorough review and discussion of your child's medical history, dental history, dietary habits, oral habits such as pacifier/thumb/finger.
- Review with you and your child techniques for teeth brushing, flossing, and fluoride use.
- Gentle examination of your child's teeth, gums, tongue, lips, cheek, and teeth alignment.
- Assess your child's risk factors for dental problems such as cavities, and gum disease.
- Your child’s teeth may be professionally cleaned and fluoride may be applied.
- Dental x rays: are usually taken starting around age 4 years.
Patients new to our office are generally seen between the hours of 8.30 AM to 11.30 AM, Monday-Friday.